Thursday, July 09, 2015

Drawing the line on Facebook haters



Why is it that pretty much most of the drama and BS I have to deal with on Facebook comes from my family and relatives? I am not talking about my husband and kids. I LOVE my husband and kids and I enjoy their company. It’s PEOPLE like siblings, cousins, and aunts that can really come at me with their latest round of “let’s pick on Dawn” and really create more bullshit in my life.

I say all of this because I had to block/unfriend a relative on Facebook today. I have had it with this relative’s complaints over my use of swear words on Facebook.

Heads up: I swear. Guess what? I swear A LOT. Fucking deal with it.

I refuse to change anything about myself just because it makes someone uncomfortable. And it really, really irritates me that they think it’s okay to drag a dead person into their shitstorm, too. I mean, seriously??

I am not the same person that they used to know. People cannot come back into my life expecting me to be the same person they were so close to once upon a time. They forfeited the right to have ANY influence over my life when they walked out of it.

I have had to deal with So Much on my own. It has changed me. It has made me into someone else. And I’m not going to throw all of those life experiences, life lessons and truisms I had to learn the hard way and go back to being the person I once was just because someone is uncomfortable with the person that I am now. 

And just so you know: People who are dead -- grandparents and my parents -- know EVERYTHING past and present and understand that this is my current life journey and that I still have some more life to live and changes to go through. They don't see the person I am now and think that all is lost or that they have a broken heart because of the person I am now.

I have lost a lot. I have struggled a lot. I have had to deal with a lot. And you cannot look at someone with all that wrapped into one and expect them to come out of it being the same naïve, innocent, delusional, trusting and religious person that they once were. Because, guess what? Life does not work like that. And before anyone says “stop acting like it’s only you,” I am not acting like it is only me. I am not the only one who has had all that happen. I never thought I was. I KNOW other people have been hurt, had loss, etc., and came out of it a different person. That can be said about EVERYONE.

With all that said, I am NOT going to allow people to make ME the one they go after on Facebook with their judgments, criticisms and complaints. If they don’t like something on my FB page, too bad! They can keep scrolling. But if they have to post their crap on MY page, I am going to block/unfriend them. I won’t lie down and take their crap. They will be GONE.

This may seem harsh, but I will not take any of it anymore. I don’t care who it is coming from. I won’t take it! I am not anyone’s punching bag. I am not anyone’s obstructive child that needs to be disciplined. (FYI: I’m 41.) I am not some black sheep someone grew up picking on, hating, bullying or shaming that is used to that crap and is perfectly fine with taking some more of it. No, I’m not that person. And I don’t care how YOU feel about it.

This is the life I am living right now. This is how I am right now. I am not going to be this way forever. I will not think, see, talk, act or live this way forever. But this is the kind of life that I am living right now. This is the kind of person that I am right now. And you can either love me or leave me the fuck alone.

No comments: