Friday, March 27, 2015

Spring Break

My kids had Spring Break this week. While lots of our friends were heading out on the road, we decided on having a “staycation” this year. As someone who is a big homebody, I was VERY happy to stay at home for Spring Break. I’m not against taking the kids on a road trip or going somewhere fun during Spring Break, but it just wasn’t in the cards for us this year.

Since we were gonna spend most of our time at home, I decided to take advantage of that opportunity. I was relieved I wouldn’t be spending yet another week of jumping in and out of my car to drive kids back and forth to two different schools, to appointments, run errands, etc., so I pretty much stayed home as much as possible. I also slept in on a few of those days (that was nice!!) and stayed up later than normal. Aside from this, I got some things done around the house. I sorted through dressers/closets and got rid of clothes we don’t wear or that don’t fit anymore. I also organized Jesse’s room and cleaned the garage. Jennifer had been bitten by the “Spring cleaning bug,” too. She rearranged her room and also went through all of her clothes to get rid of the rejects. 

In addition to that, I also took the time to get caught up on things I had going on but hadn’t found the time to finish. I had some items in my “to-do” drawer that had REALLY needed my attention, and I also got caught up on reading.

Another thing I did was finish up some projects I had to sew. I have not done any sewing for a long time because I didn’t like it before. But this time around, oh my gosh, I LOVED it. It was just sooo relaxing. I really enjoyed sewing and plan to do more of it. Jesse also got in on the sewing. For the very first time, he gave sewing a try. He did make one mistake but he did pretty well for the most part. He also got to learn how to be patient when threading a needle.

Here is Jesse sewing for the first time (I am in this picture too):



I also made the kids pancakes for breakfast on a weekday morning. I usually don’t have the time for THAT when we have the school morning rush!

Jesse got to play with his friend a lot this week and Jennifer got to have a sleepover with one of her besties. Jen being a night owl, she also enjoyed not having a bed time!

The kids go back to school next week and I’d say their Spring Break was not so terribly bad. We did get to do some things and that’s good. Now we’re ready to get back on track for a busy school week – and, me, a busy writing week!

No comments: