For his 5th birthday, I wanted to make this day special for my special boy. So this morning, I made Jesse a special birthday breakfast, per his request: Pancakes (not the frozen kind) and bacon. We had a “surprise party” waiting for him when he got home from preschool today. I baked him a chocolate cake just for the occasion and he had a favorite ice cream to go with it: Peppermint. (His dad also really liked the peppermint ice cream, too. It’s a big hit!)
The hat he is wearing is courtesy of his preschool. (Thanks, Kim!)
After cake and ice cream, Jesse opened his presents. He got a pirate scabbard and shield from Jennifer, as well as a SpongeBob and toy car.
For months, he’d been asking for a DreamLites. We were not able to get him one but we got him something similar: A “Twilight Turtle” that does the same thing as a DreamLites.
After he opened his presents, he and Jennifer played for a while then they watched cartoons.
In honor of Jesse’s birthday, here are five of his favorite things:
- Tools (he has a lot of play tools)
- The Cars movie
And here are five fun facts about Jesse:
- At the age of two, Jesse often clomped around the house in his daddy’s shoes.
- Jesse’s favorite breakfast is French toast sticks.
- Jesse LOVES to play Bingo! Of course, I always try to let him win.
- One of Jesse’s favorite TV shows is Special Agent Oso. (I’m a HUGE fan of James Bond and I think this Bond knockoff for kids is cute.)
- Jesse’s other favorite movies are Pinocchio, Nanny McPhee, Curious George, Stuart Little and Scooby Doo.
Happy 5th birthday, Jesse! We love you very much and hope you enjoyed your special day.