Since I had some free time this evening, I decided to check out one of several articles I have bookmarked to read at leisure. One such article was "The 12 books of Christmas" by Sarah Crompton. This inspired me to create a list of 12 books I would like to receive for Christmas. Of course, I know I won't receive all 12. (LOL! Sure is a nice thought, though.) But I decided to go ahead and create the list, anyway. Besides, I had to wonder if there are 12 books I'd like to receive as gifts for Christmas, what would they be?
While creating this list, I decided to have a theme for it. I don't have a whole lot of Christmas-themed books on my mega wish list of books I'd love to own someday, but I DO have a lot of Bible and religious-themed books. So these are those kinds of books from my wish list. Since I am planning to really work at studying and reading through the Bible next year (one of my personal goals for the year), I have some books on my list that might compliment this. Also, I am writing a book about prayer, so I also look for those kinds of books, too. I don't have a Kindle or e-reader, so I had to limit the books on my wish list to books that are available in print.
1. A Bible
(Unfortunately, my KJV Bible is falling apart. I am sad about this because I have had it since 1985 and it was given to me by my dear aunt and uncle. So it's time to get a new one and the one I have will be a keepsake.)
2. Know God and Love Him by Joanne M Rypma
3. You Were Made for More: The Life You Have, the Life God Wants You to Have by Jim Cymbala
4. The Peace God Promises by Ann Spangler
5. The 52 Greatest Stories of the Bible: A Devotional Study by John Alan Turner and Ken Boa
6. Bible: The Story of the King James Version 1611-2011 by Gordon Campbell
7. Through the Bible in One Year: A 52-Lesson Introduction to the 66 Books of the Bible by Alan B. Stringfellow
8. Revelation of the Magi: The Lost Tale of the Wise Men's Journey to Bethlehem by Brent Landau
9. The Authentic Letters of Paul by Arthur J. Dewey
10. Meetings with Mary: Visions of the Blessed Mother by Janice T. Connell
11. Tortured for Christ by Richard Wurmbrand
12. How to Pray Without Talking to God: Moment by Moment, Choice by Choice by Linda Martella-Whitsett
1 day ago