Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My four-month goals

Today, I was thinking about how nice it would be if I could FINALLY visit the Queen Mary ship in California. I learned that this year marks the 75th anniversary of its maiden voyage. Chances are good they'll have events planned. It's the perfect opportunity for me to promote my book, Spook City, because the Queen Mary is in it! Maybe I'll be lucky enough to do a reading there.

Then I got my head out of the clouds and came back down to earth. With all of the financial obligations we have right now, there is no money for travel. Even if we drove there, we just don't have the money for it! I got depressed. I got even more depressed when I realized it was probably just as well, because I'm not all that on the attractive side, anyway. Why bother going out looking the way I do?

I need a new look. Seriously! A new hairstyle, new clothes and a new figure. To be honest, I am overweight. I just don't like the person I see in the mirror. I need a complete makeover.

Then I realized that my birthday is in exactly 4 months. It's the perfect opportunity to accomplish certain goals that are important to me! So, why not try to reach those goals by then?

I only have a few of them:

1. New me! Get a new look, lose weight and new wardrobe.

2. Get a job.

3. Save enough money to travel to California so that I can visit the Queen Mary.

So these are my "birthday goals." We'll see if I am able to meet them by the time May 25th rolls around. As it is, the anniversary of that maiden voyage is May 27th, so the timing will be just right.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your goals Dawn! When I lived in California we went to the Queen Mary a few times. I have a picture of me in front of the Queen Mary when I was about 3 yrs old, with my grandma and dad, but I know my grandpa was also there taking the picture. I remember going out to dinner there. I didn't know it was famed to be haunted until a few years ago, ha ha!

Dawn Wilson said...

Nancy, that's interesting! I'd love to see that pic sometime, if you have it. And thanks for your encouragement. I've checked out a few job leads and I'll be interviewing for one real soon. I hope that goes somewhere. Or one of them goes somewhere. It would be nice to meet ONE goal sooner than later. :)