Thursday, July 17, 2008

Touch-A-Truck

Yesterday, I took Jennifer to Eugene's annual Touch-a-Truck event. It was a free event open to the public and kids were allowed to climb aboard police, fire and medical vehicles, as well as industrial and government vehicles. They could actually "touch" these cars, learn about them and sit in the driver's seat to steer the wheel. Jennifer had a blast while we were there. She was so anxious to go just so she could climb into a firetruck, and that's exactly what she did first:




She looks good in a firetruck, doesn't she? She told me she wants to be a firefighter when she grows up. (She knows firefighters saved her mommy's life when she was trapped under a burning van at the age of 20 months.) I was so proud. *sniff*

Next she checked out the police cruiser. I took three pictures and had a hard time deciding which one to use. (Thus the delay in posting this!) But I finally decided on this one:

There was also a garbage truck, cement mixer, sweeper, tree cutting truck, mail car, dairy truck, public bus, and some others that I don't know the names of. Ha! But she climbed up into almost every one of the trucks and had fun honking the horn, steering the wheel and stepping on the pedals. Some of those trucks were GIGANTIC! I even had her stand next to a tire on one truck that was almost bigger than she was!


Finally, she had fun climbing into the trailer of an 18-wheeler. Mostly, the children ran back and forth in this truck. She soon tired of that, though:


It was a very cool event and they even had free cotton candy. I'm glad we went and hope to go again next year.

2 comments:

Jana B said...

I took my two friends and their kids to a touch-a-truck here but it was miserably hot, and there weren't nearly that many types of trucks at the event... it was rather sucky, actually. We got great pics of the kids though!!!!

Dawn Wilson said...

At least you got great pics. :) I hope the next touch-a-truck you go to has MORE trucks!