Friday, October 19, 2007

heat sickness

I was supposed to interview someone over the phone this morning at 6 but I was not able to do it. Why? I was too sick! Hubby left the heater on all night and when I woke up at 5, I wasn't feeling so good. I went to sit in front of the fan but I was also feeling really sluggish. I was SO FREAKIN' HOT!! I was wearing only a nightie but I was still so hot. When I'd gotten up to let the dog outside, it was like 50 degrees out and I stood in the open door, relishing the cold air.

After feeling a LITTLE BIT better, I went to the bathroom to take a shower. Problem was, I was soon feeling really sick again. I was breathing hard, sweating and felt really queasy in my stomach. I was burning up! So I couldn't take the shower.

And I was too sick to do the interview.

Hubby ended up getting up to get our daughter dressed and drive her to school. Next time, I'm going to have to REMIND him that there's a pregnant woman in this house and to leave that darn heater OFF!

At least, for the next three weeks. They can live through THAT, right??

2 comments:

J. Dreamer said...

good luck Dawn you lucky girl!!!!! I would give anything to be young and preggo again! Ha ha. Seriously!! Make a scrapbook of this, because later you will miss these days.
Dont you dare let them induce you, no C sections!!!! inductions are notorious for ending up in C sections!! I wish you all the best.

Dawn Wilson said...

Thanks so much, Jane. :) Though I don't know about the "young" part. Haha. Yes, I DEFINITELY don't want an induction. I had that with my first one (no C-section) and I wasn't too happy they wanted to RUSH the delivery. Ugh. I told my doctor I wanted to let the baby come out on his own time. And, that's a good idea! A scrapbook would be nice. :)