Monday, April 02, 2007

Warning! Pregnant woman in the house!

The other night, I was online looking up fetal devlopment at 8 weeks. (Yes, even though I've already had one child, it's STILL so cool to see how this little life inside of me is GROWING -- even the second time around.) (I no longer have all the pregnancy books I had the first time around. Sigh.) One of the things it said was, "You may notice your stomach getting a little bigger and it's time to pack away your favorite jeans."

Ah, yeah. I'm definitely feeling that pain. I am one of those "jeans freaks." I LOVE wearing jeans, mainly blue jeans. I was NOT happy when I packed away the pairs too small for me now. And, yes, my stomach HAS gotten a little bigger. Strangely, I started showing early, at around 6 weeks. (This is different than last time!) Seriously, my in-laws' neighbor took one look at me last week and asked, "Are you pregnant?" (I wonder if showing early is common for a second pregnancy?) Anyway. I think I am at a size 16 now. I know they have maternity jeans, but I don't know if they're really affordable. During my first pregnancy, my sister-in-law loaned me her maternity jeans, and I wore them ALL the time. They were soooo comfortable. For now, I'm wearing skirts and elastic-waist pants. And of course I've mumbled in frustration, "I'll probably be wearing these damn skirts until I deliver!" But I'm going to start looking for some maternity jeans. I don't want to get stuck with pants, skirts and sweats!

Another one of the "first trimester blues" I've been going through is the mood swings. I've been having them BAD!! (I still feel so terrible for yelling at Jason last night. He didn't even know what was going on, poor guy!) I've TRIED like crazy to get a handle on it, but so far, that's not panning out very well. When I get angry, I get REALLY angry. When I get sad, I break down and cry like a baby. (The other night, I wanted to sleep, throw up and cry -- all at the same time!) I did not have these mood swings as bad the first time. It's like this pregnancy is making up for ALL that yuckiness I was spared during the first trimester last time. I just lose my temper so easily and get so caught up in a whirlwind of emotions. This does not bode well for when I have to interview people for articles. I mean, I'll probably end up screaming, "JUST ANSWER THE DAMN QUESTION!" Ugh.

I've also been having trouble sleeping (yet another warning from that Web site). Sometimes, I'm just not comfortable (time to get a body pillow!) and sometimes I'm just too stressed or wound up to have a good night's sleep. I also have nights where I keep waking up from bad dreams (something's going to happen to me or something's going to happen to the baby).

And, finally, I've already mentioned I've been coping with nausea. I'm STILL coping with it! (The second trimester just can't get here fast enough, can it? Oh, no!! Time has to go sooo slow!! GRR.) I've been having the nausea really bad, too. It's gotten so bad, I've had to put a cold cloth to my forehead or wipe my face and back of my neck with it. Ugh. The doctor in California prescribed me pills for nausea, but there's NO WAY I'm taking them. I DON'T WANT PILLS! When they gave me that stuff at the hospital, I was throwing up for several hours. It was AWFUL. (Yeah, I have a sensitivity to antibiotics. I CAN'T handle them!) So, I'm pretty much left to use home remedies for the nausea, or just DEAL with it.

I have told others about these "first trimester blues" I'm having. I guess as a way of warning them. LOL But one friend commented, "Must be a boy giving you all this trouble." Hm, I wonder. That reminds me of this T-shirt I once saw that said: "MENstruation, MENopause, MENtal breakdown, Ever notice how all our problems begin with Men?" Haha. Well, it's not like I'm blameless in getting myself pregnant. It would just be NICE if it wasn't making me so miserable so much of the time.

OK, enough out of me. I have errands to run today and things to do. I just hope I can find some time to get some rest!

No comments: