Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Thank God it's Wednesday

While most people thank their lucky stars when it's finally Friday (and I do, too, since it means I'll soon have ANOTHER parent's help with my daughter), I have started looking forward to Wednesdays. That's the day my little one is in school for a full day--and when I can catch up on extra sleep!

I joke that I sleep when my daughter is not here. That's one thing I often did on my weekends when I was divorced: I spent A LOT of time catching up on all that sleep I lost during the week!

But Wednesdays, alas, aren't just for sleeping anymore. Lately, I have been trying to cram as much writing work into my Wednesdays that I can. I've also slotted "to do" tasks for Wednesdays, tasks which are less "headache-inducing" if my energetic 5-year-old isn't around while I do them. I also occasionally have "no-children-allowed" appointments and trips, and so I try to get them scheduled for Wednesdays to do while she's in school.

This isn't to say that I'm running around, dancing my butt off on the days my child is in school. And I'm also NOT saying I don't miss her, because I do. :( I'm just saying that if there is ANY day of the week I can count on getting more done, Wednesday is definitely that day. I can write the hours away or spend time catching up on emails, getting parts of the house organized or reading a book. Or sleeping!

Of course, there will be days my little one can get sick and have to stay home. There will also come the time the baby will be born and it's back to the 24/7 mom stuff grind. But for the most part, Wednesdays bring me just a little bit more freedom and time that I can't normally get during the rest of the week.

No comments: